2nd Ford - 2nd Diesel

calabria1922

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello to All!

Just picked up my 2016 F350 today. I have owned 5 pickups over the last 35 years and had the best experience with a 2001 Ford F150 Crew Cab. Had to sell it in 2008 as I wanted to move up to a bigger trailer and wanted a diesel. Loved my F150 but in 2008 going to the 6.4 scared me. Decided I wanted a Ford F350 with a Cummins and Allison but had to settle for a 2008 Silverado 2500HD, LTZ, Red, CC, SB, Duramax, Allison. Added FASS Titanium, Amsoil Dual By-Pass Oil Filtration System, MBRP DPF Back, S&B Intake, EFI-Live - only used for exhaust brake function, stayed on setting 2. Really loved the truck but I think I got a lemon:
  • Using antifreeze at 27K, GM says normal and wouldn't do anything, got the oil analyzed and showed antifreeze, faxed analysis to dealer who faxed it to GM who instructed them to pull engine and replace both heads. Warranty
  • EGR Valve went out at 32K. Warranty
  • Instrument cluster failed at 40K. Out of Pocket
  • 5 glow plugs went bad from 45K-80K. Out of Pocket
  • Fuel Injector failed at 80K. $2300 Out of Pocket
Figured it was time to cut my losses. Looking forward to a good long relationship with the F350 with minimal problems.

Top priority items for the forum - help others where I can and get some help myself on a couple of initial items:
  • Which EGT on the bus is closest to the Turbo so I can monitor it with my Edge Insight
  • Who has an EGT probe in the exhaust manifold and has data on how the temps compare to that of the EGT sensor closest to the turbo/farthest upstream
  • My F350 is 2WD and unfortunately has an open 3.73 diff. Suspect I am going to have to get that switched out to a limited slip to facilitate effective backing up on a gravel camp spot with the 5th wheel. Good thing I got a good deal on it to offset installing a limited slip
Thanks to all in advance!

Scott.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58