3-4" Lift in front for the Excursion

02excursion73

02excursion73
Reaction score
I did the V-codes on the front of my X along with the F-codes in the back about a year ago. My V-codes have sagged around 3/4" to 1". My F-codes have an additional leaf added so now the rear sits a bit too much higher than the rear. I like the look in the back and dont want to drop the rear leaf. I want to go to 35" tires also. I have measured from the ground to the edge of the fenderwell front and back and the rear sits 2.5" higher than the front. I would like to level the truck with different springs up front or maybe the Fab Tech shackle kit. The V-codes ride better than stock so I dont want to loose this with stiffer springs. Considering how high the rear is I may need 4" springs. My question is of course what springs to run. Many companies make 4" springs for the X and Superduties but I dont know which ride best. The Fab-Tech shackle kit may do the trick but I dont know what it will do to the handling. What about a mini spring pack under the V-codes?
Anyone have experience with this??

CHPMustang

Reaction score
My V codes also rested in but that was helped by 250 lb front Ranch Hands:doh: I'm looking towards swapping out the V codes for W codes which will provide the same nice ride of the V's but get the truck near level when loaded with fuel.

I believe the W's are 500lb higher rated than the V's.

The mini spring pack kit is nice,that'll raise the front end up abit.

bigbrother44

PSD or bust!
Reaction score
Something to be aware of... As you obviously know, Excursion springs are not Super Duty springs. I wanted 2" added to level the front of my 02 7.3L Excursion. I swapped in a new set of aftermarket front springs, with a 2 1/2" lift, for Excursion/Super Duty. Unfortunately, they might add 2 1/2" to a Super Duty, but they added 6 - 6 1/2" to the front ride height of my Excursion! So make sure they are EXCURSION springs you use...

So now I have to figure out the back...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to talk to Bill who is CHPMustang, he is our very own Excursion man and he knows springs, as they say he's been there and done that.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track