3 Day Car Haulin Trip

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Been gone for 3 days hauling fords buybacks and a few personal customers cars in AL, TN, and mostly GA. covered over 1300 miles (got 13.2 mpg) in what would total about 28 hours worth of driving, loading, and unloading. left thursday morning at 6:00 am and shut it down after driving for over 600 miles on thursday at 9:00 pm. worked from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm on friday when i returned home.

got up at 5:30 am this morning to haul another ford buyback ('05 F250 CC) to marietta, ga and VW jetta to spelman college in the downtown atlanta area. got back home at 3:00, only to take a honda mini-van to huntsville, al (only 45 miles one way) that came in from CA by another trucking company that we contracted to move it for us.

i did collected some much needed COD money today, so we can continue to put fuel in our trucks.

P/U and/or delivered to 9 ford dealerships on thursday alone and 3 more on friday, and one more on saturday. i have to do alot of back tracking sometimes, because i can only haul 2 at a time. would be nice to have a light 3 car trailer, but it would put over 26,000 GVWR.

oh well, i know this is not that interesting, but thought some may like reading about what my family does for a living. oh yeah, my 72 year old father was also on the road in one of our 10 car carriers. he took 7 units from lincoln, al to clarksville, in (just across the river from louisville, ky) and then dead headed to morganton, nc to p/u 10 units for my cousin to our home here in albertville, al.

i tell ya, at 72 he can still work circles around some of the younger guys.

oh yeah, i got to meet jharvey (you know, the guy who takes the awesome pics) at team ford of marietta this morning. he's gotta a sharp 2006 f350 cc long bed in true blue and met. silver.

was great to meet ya john.

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed reading about your trip. Sounds like lots of driving and loading and unloading. :cool: Do you ever get tired of hooking & Unhooking chains? Lots of climbing on and off of the trailer.
I always enjoy hearing what others on here do for a living.:sweet :sweet

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
WD40 said:
I enjoyed reading about your trip. Sounds like lots of driving and loading and unloading. :cool: Do you ever get tired of hooking & Unhooking chains? Lots of climbing on and off of the trailer.
I always enjoy hearing what others on here do for a living.:sweet :sweet

chaining the cars down is not that bad. my trailer is a 36' flatbed that is less that 2' off the ground. i use straps that have a chain cluster on one end, so i can run it through the wheels like on a porsche, corvette, or on cars that do not have factory tie downs built into the frame.

now if it is on one of our 10 car carriers, thats a diff. story, especially if your on one of the top decks on your hands and knees trying to find a place to put your chain. sometimes you can just stand on the lower decks and reach the underside of the top cars pretty easily.

i enjoy it, i get to meet some real nice people that become long time customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14