30 amp gp fuse keeps burning out

katarski

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i need help again. i think im looking for the right stuff again.

my 30 amp gp fuse keeps burning out again and its too cold for her to get started.

besides just looking at all 4 valve cover harnesses( for anything burnt), what else could i check or should i be looking for.

thanks for the help.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I think the Under Valve Cover harness would be it. I can't think of any thing else that could draw enough power to blow a 30 amp fuse. You have a short to ground.

Dave

katarski

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
figures, that was the only answer that i wasn't looking for. i need to bend some socket extensions just to get to that last valve cover bolt. (pass. side)

thank you though.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no bending socket extensions needed just use 1/4" stuff and a swivel, I don't remember if you need to use standard or deep well sockets but it all works.

Check your glow plugs and the UVC harness. If you're popping fuses then you should be able to find a short to ground with a multimeter probing the valve cover harness so you only have to pull the side that is broken right now while it's cold, especially if you're outside in NJ.

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure its not the fuse for the fuel heater (underhood fusebox #22)? If so, your fuel heater is shorting out. Unplug the fuel heater element from inside the fuel bowl (or outside at the spade connector on driver's side of the bowl), replace the fuse and try starting it. Cheers!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58