4.5L V6 PSD?

dpantazis

Reaction score
I saw an add in Crain's, a Chicago business rag, for the 'NEW' Ford LFC.

What caught my eye was the Powerstroke 4.5L V6 Turbo Diesel with 200 hp adn 440ft-lb of torque.

Checking FMC's website, sure enough, there it is-

http://www.commtruck.ford.com/ctw/Model_fs.asp?ModelName=LCF

"Engine: Power Stroke® 4.5L V-6 Diesel; 200 HP @ 3000 rpm; 440 lbs.-ft.
Torque @ 1850 rpm"

they have a little picture, can't see a whole lot-

USB60FOM401A0104.jpg

Is this the fabled little PSD that they were trying to put into F150's?

It 'seems' like a little motor for a GVWR Class 4/5 truck. then again, how big are the Idoodo motors?

Dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
As far as I know the 4.5L isn't going in the F150/Everest trucks but ya know anything can change anytime with Ford:rolleyes:

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
click on the LCF series flyer on the right. did you catch the copy right date at the bottom of that page? march 2004! so its been around awhile?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
As far as I know the 4.5L isn't going in the F150/Everest trucks
That is good to know. I would not like it if I found out I could have got a Diesel in my F150. I am hoping they put a Diesel in the 08' F150 since I will be ready for a new one then.

Dieselfever

Cummins Monkey
Reaction score
Yeah these have been out for a while, and they are the ones rumored have been made for the 150s, but never made it because of the 6.0L problems. I saw one in person at my county fair, and the turbos are compounded, but the appear to be the same size??

-Michael

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
crumm
your going to have to order one from australia to get a 150 with a turbo d.
or one of these

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Dieselfever said:
Yeah these have been out for a while, and they are the ones rumored have been made for the 150s, but never made it because of the 6.0L problems. I saw one in person at my county fair, and the turbos are compounded, but the appear to be the same size??

-Michael

6.0 problems, yes. 4.5 Liter problems? Also yes. I have heard a lot of talk about these engines being far from reliable. Several forums that have people that have owned one have had posts with problems. In fact, several of them that I heard about broke down on the trip for them to be delivered. They are competing with the Isuzu NPR, whic has a rep for being extremely reliable, so I have e feeling that this LCF think is going to flop without a reliable engine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg