Question 4x4 light flashing

dirtyduerksen11

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hello I'm new to the site. I am having issue with my 4x4, the light is flashing and 4x4 is inop intermintent will engage some times and others it will not. If any help or as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jesse

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome Jesse. You will have to get your truck scanned by a good shop in order to find out what codes are stored in the ECM. These trucks store what it thinks is wrong for you or a mechanic to read. You can get a scanner of your choice and read the codes yourself.

Dave :)

WoodrowCasey

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hello I'm new to the site. I am having issue with my 4x4, the led lighting is flashing and 4x4 is inop intermintent will engage some times and others it will not. If any help or as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jesse
It is a code issue.. Just google it and find the exact code.. Nothing serious:)

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the 4x4 shift motor on the T-case, clean the contacts put some die electric grease in the plug and plug back in. Mine on my truck was kicking codes and the plug was covered in white crusty crap. Clean and reset the computer and was good to go. Dealer going to charge you 100.00 bucks to do that.

Powerstroke2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got a tuner on my truck that reads codes. When putting mine into Low range lately, the 4X4 message flashed off an on as well. It seemed to work, and the flashing stopped once I put it back in 2 high. I wondered if the truck 'has' to be in neutral, prior to making a change (as well as stopped for low range)?
I found no codes related to any 4X4 malfunction when I checked!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr