5" Exhaust is on - YAY!!

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I cut off the old non-mufflered / non-cat exhaust and put on the off-road mufflered MRBP (or was is MBRP!?). The said the 5 inch will not fit an Excursion because the gas tank is in the rear.....

SO.... I modified the kit and it pops out above the left rear wheel leaf spring and out the wheel well. I'll take some pics later today when the girlfriend gets back with my camera. No bad smell inside the truck. No heat buildup on the wheel or wheel well because of the angle and the tip I made from a piece of 5" (for now, until I get a nice chrome 6") is angled to direct it out the side. Still have about 5-6" of clearance below the pipe with the lift.

THE BEST PART IS THE JET-TURBINE SOUND!! It's just worth every single penny and then some. Before I barely heard the whine. Now it sounds like a jet fighter creeping down the runway. :D Anyone wondering if 4 or 5 inch exhaust is worth it - YES if you want it to sound like it should.

Will hopefully get some pics up today. I'm going to have the clamps taken off and weld it up later next week.

02EX_PSD

Not as Junior of a Member
Reaction score
5" on the Ex

Another one with a five inch? I did a similar mod to run 5'' on my Ex too, but ran it around the fuel tank and out the factory spot behind the tire. It was a tight fit but it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14