50 shot of nitrous?

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the problems of going with too big a shot...
Looking for a small setup to both burn off that black smoke I'm pouring out and to cool the EGTs.

Not looking to boil the tires. Every issue of Diesel Power etc. has an article about nitrous and how in small doses it's a safe power adder.

Anyone with personal experience with a small setup? Not looking for the guys that overdid it and blew the pistons out of the block.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOS? your a ricer now? :p

I have been thinking about water/Meth injection for my rig for a long time.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend has a bottle on his 7.3 excursion I beleve he has it set up for a 100 shot. The only problem is by the time he killed off one bottle he destroyed the stock trans. I dont know how it is with the new trans but I will ask him next time I see him.

Sleeper Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has always been interesting to me. i have read articles stating that a stock p/s can take a 75-100hp shot. now i know with all the unburn fuel that gets poured out can be burned with the help of NOS, but what is the reliability factor on the drive train.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the problems of going with too big a shot...
Looking for a small setup to both burn off that black smoke I'm pouring out and to cool the EGTs.

Not looking to boil the tires. Every issue of Diesel Power etc. has an article about nitrous and how in small doses it's a safe power adder.

Anyone with personal experience with a small setup? Not looking for the guys that overdid it and blew the pistons out of the block.

You have PMR rods... Nos will be very hard on them... 400hp is the limit on PMR's with good tunes and NO DRUGS... and Nos is the worst one.

With Nos your looking at being at the safe limit of the PMR rods with just a chip, because the Cylinder pressures will spike HARD!

Look at water/meth injection, better for the rods, 40hp at 40% meth, cooler EGT's, cheaper to fill, and you can run it all the time...

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at water/meth injection, better for the rods, 40hp at 40% meth, cooler EGT's, cheaper to fill, and you can run it all the time...

so the water/meth is a far better choice if you have PMR's?

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it comes on slower and is not such a shock as No2... also is cheaper to fill and can be used when towing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58