$500 to install an Edge Juice Platinum w/ Attitude?

BLK PWRSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:wow :roflmao That's correct, a local shop here quoted me "$4-500" to install an Edge Juice Platinum w/ Attitude, which I supplied. I was told it "could be more" if they have to completely disassemble my exhaust to insert the EGT thermometer. Talk about bending me over. :bootyshak I did not buy my Edge there, thank god. They quoted me retail, $1,100 for the Platinum w/ Attitude. I got it for $750 shipped from xtremedieselperformance. Needless to say, I'm looking elsewhere. What is reasonable here? I'm thinking 1-2 hours of work @ maybe $100/hour tops?

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
What is reasonable here? I'm thinking 1-2 hours of work @ maybe $100/hour tops?
If you have done one and know your way around, it would be about 1 1/4-1 1/2 hrs tops. It took me about 2 hrs and I'm old and slow.
Why on earth would they mount the temp probe in the exhaust pipe. A quick drill and tap of the exhaust manifold takes less than 5 min and a clamp on would be less than that. Be sure to not turn your back to anyone in that shop cause you may be in trouble. I hate to tell you this but they think you are stupid.
I had a situation with a body shop my Mother dealt with. She got a price to replace a mirror on her Taurus, $1050. I purchased a new one on line for about $75 and it was a 20 min fix. He told my Mother if they had to paint it, it would be $150 more. The painted cover popped off and right on the new one. I'm all for making a good profit but sometimes, ....................
Jim

goodriddance

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bring it up here Chris, I'm putting my exhaust on tomorrow, I could throw it on for you for ALOT less then that :sweet like FREE

BLK PWRSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting a local performance shop here, Trick Trucks, to do it for $80. They did a great job too, even painted my pillar mount to match the beige interior.

It's been over 2 weeks with the Edge in my truck and I am very happy. The power is amazing. Even on levels 1 and 2 it's a HUGE increase over stock. The Attitude monitor is perfect and there are so many cool features. I just started using the turbo timer :cool: And the fact that you can shift levels on the fly is great. I looked hard at SCT's Xcal2, but it doesn't have the SOTF feature or the turbo timer. The increase in power with the Edge is so big, even if the Xcal2 adds more (And I don't believe you can do that and still be the "safest" programmer), I am more than happy with what I've got now. I am extremely pleased with the Edge so far.

Of course, it's only been 2 weeks... but no problems, no trouble codes. I haven't towed with it and I've heard some horror stories about towing in hot weather and blowing head gaskets, so I will be very careful here but so far, so good. :thumbs

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58