6.0 fuel problems

Landman270

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. the other day .I started my 6.0 diesel went for about a block and it died. I removed the lower water drain plug. Removed the low pressure filter. Thoroughly washed the low pressure housing with pressurize diesel. Removed the high-pressure filter ,back flushed the line .Replace low pressure and high pressure filters. Checked fuel pressure to the high-pressure filter by loosing the filter and it sprayed a good amount of diesel out. I would say the pressure is OK. Maybe there is something else like a sensor or something like that I don't know? Your help would be greatly appreciated thank you. Landman270

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you jumped to draining then flushing.
Was water in fuel light on? Change filter light?
Can't really do much from here, unless you can read some live data/pull any codes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Landman270

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes the water indicator light was on. Sorry I did not Mention that. Yes I agree pulling codes would be the next step.Do you know of any good Laptop or phone apps. Some type of logic ,to pull the data. That I can use up here in the mountains . To pull the data? Thanks

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending what phone system you run. iPhone vs android, changes your options.
Android is better in this regard. Torque pro, car gauge pro, obdlink, and forscan are good apps. You will need a obd2 to bluetooth adapter. Car gauge pro can run buzz test, cylinder contribution test, glowplug test, etc. I still recommend the obdlink mx, as the quality cant be beat. But there are cheaper ones.
You can also get forscan on a laptop, then go onto the forscan forum and request a extended license. It's free. This will let you run other test, and change more stuff. You can use a obd2 to USB adapter, wifi adapter, or the obd2 to USB, Which is the better option
Now for iPhone, I know you need a wifi adapter. I'm not sure what all apps you can use.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track