6.0 Head Gaskets

F350carhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Did anyone hear about head gasket problems? I have a 04 and it blew the front cyl on both sides. There taking the heads off so a ford rep can look at it. Also said ford will just replace the motor.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
It is going to have to have damaged the block before Ford is going to swap the motor. Yes head gaskets are being replaced quite frequently on 6.0's right now. It is quite the task too. Alot of shops are removing the cabs to do this, many tech's claim it is the only way to do the repair but our shop has done 7 head gasket jobs now and we have not removed one single cab so I don't know. :dunno

Tevi

Happy Member
Reaction score
When some headgaskets blow the contaminate the engine and Ford replaces the motor.A good freind is a top Ford mechanic in Cinci.He usually is working on 4 to 6 at a time.

F350carhauler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just heard from dealer and There putting in a new complete drop in motor. I use my truck every day for work. Its 6 months old and has 53,000 miles. I tow between 7,000 to 12,000lbs every day so I want the new motor.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Dale_Lakin said:
Alot of shops are removing the cabs to do this, many techs claim it is the only way to do the repair
Remove the cab :eek: :eek: That engine must really be shoe-horned in there to have to pull the cab instead of the engine..

Max Power

Reaction score
It is my understanding that the cab is relatively easy to remove. You have to admit, the motor would sure be easy to work with no cab around it. While it probably isn't required to pull the cab, it probably makes the job a lot easier. This is purely speculation on my part.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track