Question 6.0 L EGR & Oil Cooler uprage question.

CJ Morin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 2006 F350 is starting to heat up on me while at lights and parked while ideling. I am going to do a reverse flush with Restore and Restore Plus as per Nylyons guide.

I also plan to switch out the oil cooler and upgrade the EGR. I found this one on eBay and wanted to know some opinions from you guys that have been down this path already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400681319348

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Mizumo Auto does not say what brand this kit is. I would stay away from an unknown kit. Check with our sponsors like www.dieselsite.com. They are great guys. Good luck finding a kit that will work for you.

Dave :)

Last edited:

CJ Morin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well after some of the responses I have received here and around other parts, I have reevaluated my situation. I figured it was a temp thing to just buy this and deal with the $2000 kits later. But I figured why do the work twice, so I will just do a flush with Restore and Restore plus in hopes that it will allow me the time to get the money together for the full package.

While I am here already and will have the truck tore down is there anything else that you guys recommend I do while am already working on the truck.

Thanks for your help.

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your working on changing the oil cooler and the EGR cooler, while your in there spend the money on a new IPR it's kind of expensive but it seems right after you do the EGR and Oil cooler the IPR always fails a month later and then it's a PIA to replace after the turbo is back in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58