Question 6.4 Regen frequency

LAJones

Strokem if you can
Reaction score
I have a 08 F350 since Sept 08. I was wondering how frequent your truck goes into regen?
As far as mine, it goes into regen every 125 - 175 miles. I sometimes have even seen a cloud of white smoke pour out the truck. I have taken it to the dealer and they acted as if this was normal or they just don't know. I have logged the mileage everytime it regens for about a year and a half. My list is getting pretty full.
Does anyone have a possible explanation as for frequency. I drive daily 15 miles each way to work and back. Pull trailers of different sizes different times of year. Heaviest being about 6500 lbs. Truck is not abused by a heavy foot, but I do cruise around 70 - 75 on highway. :dunno

ducky1402

Reaction score
my truck regens every 300-350 when making my 12 mile one way trip twice a day to and from work. on highway seems like a little farther. I have heard that what you are describing has something to do with the egr valve no idea for sure though. maybe truck needs to be reflashed too.... hope that helped a bit :sweet

Last edited:

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
LA, my 09 was regenerating at the same intervals. I had my truck re-flashed at the dealer, and now it regens between 900-1100 miles. Go to your dealership and be persistent. It took me 2 visits to get it done.

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats way too much, depending on your fuel quality and driving habits, that still seems way too much. Have the dealer reflash, I'm usually in the 700 mile range on my regens.

TXblue

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mine normally regens every tank (300-400 miles). But on my recent trip out west, I was pulling 10.5K and in the heavy mountain driving, it would regen every 70-100 miles. I think it depends on your driving style, driving conditions and whether or not you are towing heavy.
Now, it's back to the norm interval for mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58