6.7 diesel fumes in cab!!

simon68

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm getting strong diesel fumes in the cab,especially when setting idling.Has anyone else had this problem and been able to correct it?

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Grab a flashlight and look for soot from the block to manifolds, and any where the exhaust has connections, all the way down to underneath the cab.

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
push recirc on the ac... lol

thats the only time I get it... and I idle mine in my garage every am.

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. truck sits outside and climate control is normaly on Auto with recerc off. smell goes away as soon as the truck gets moving.

Superduty78

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.0 but I am experiencing the same thing. Back in July I had 4 injectors replaced and the dealer told me I had 2 cracked turbo pipes which was where the fumes were coming from. I didn't have them fix it and he said that it would cause a loss of power and the smell would get worse the bigger the crack got. Could be your problem.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.0 but I am experiencing the same thing. Back in July I had 4 injectors replaced and the dealer told me I had 2 cracked turbo pipes which was where the fumes were coming from. I didn't have them fix it and he said that it would cause a loss of power and the smell would get worse the bigger the crack got. Could be your problem.

If you are still driving with the cracked pipes, you are breathing exhaust fumes. Not very good for you and your passengers.

Dave

Hydro21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
getting this looked at, will know soon

TSB Main Page

TSB
11-6-22 6.7L DIESEL - EXHAUST LEAK/ODOR/NOISE - EXHAUST PRESSURE SENSOR TUBE CONNECTION

Publication Date: June 27, 2011

FORD: 2011 F-Super Duty

ISSUE:
Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L engine and built on or before 2/16/2011 may exhibit an exhaust leak or odor from the exhaust pressure (EP) sensor tube-to-exhaust pipe connection.

rlaspinall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, ended up being a loose clamp where at the exhaust filter and each time the filter cleaned and i was stopped - red light etc., the fumes entered the cab quite bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58