7000 hours 6.0L diesel

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an average of 19.7mph. Which means it idled ALOT! These motors don't like to idle, they need to be RUN. If you get an oasis report and maintenance records from the PO, that might give you a better idea.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is an oasis report

An Oasis Report is a FORD Motor Company report/record, of Any maintenance or work done on an individule vehicle, by it's VIN number.. by an authorized Ford Garage.

It Won't show work done by a non-Ford shop.

Joe

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the problems that would come from a truck with this many hours on it.

Knowing the HOURs (7K) on an engine with 130,000 miles on it adds another Unknown.

IF those hours & miles were all done with proper maintenance... that would be a Good Thing. But not knowing.. makes IF a Big word and another FLAG... about a purchase.

That's where a favorable Oasis Report, (or some varifiable maintenance records) comes into play.

The "Problems".. are an Unknown.

Joe

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The 130,000 miles is nothing, but those miles divided by 7000 hours = 19.7 mph average and that is crawling along. They probably did not run the truck at 19.7 mph, but drove it normally (55mph average over the life of the truck) AND let is sit idling for hours. That is NOT good.

Dave

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I doubt it was a tow vehicle for the Rose Parade. Walk away, there are other 6.0s on the road with less hours and less idle time.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn...I thought my 2006 getting up to 4k hours was high. What is the asking prices for the truck? To me a clean bill of health (OASIS) would be a good sign. Maybe a CarFax will tell you who owned it so you could determine if they did the maintenance or Ford.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58