Help Needed 911 7.3L diesel down HELP

erichhaag

Haag's HR&C
Reaction score
Hey everybody... I have a 2002 7.3L superduty. It worked on tuesday and wednesday didnt. Cranks with no start and no white smoke out of pipe. I figured no fuel so I opened the fuel filter bowl and drained fuel out. Cranked motor and not filling back up. Heres what I've done thus far: 1. Checked inertia/emergency shut off under passenger kick plate and it is in "ok" position 2. Checked relays under the hood behind battery next to drivers side fender=they all show continuity 3. Checked all fuses relating to fuel pump and ignition = all good. 4. Replaced cam shaft position sensor = brand new 5. Ran a feed from battery to fuel pump and it does run and pump fuel with direct voltage to the pink and black wire.
If anyone has any suggestions before I bite the bullet and send her to the dealer... Erich

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you turn the key On (not cranking).. can you hear the fuel pump running ?

Battery posts & clamps nice and clean ?

Joe

erichhaag

Haag's HR&C
Reaction score
no power to fuel pump...not running when key on...I took a hot wire down from battery to see if i could hear/ make it run and I did. not running on its own though via key turned on.

erichhaag

Haag's HR&C
Reaction score
new optima batteries...no corrrosion etc. as I put on di-electric grease

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no power to fuel pump...not running when key on...I took a hot wire down from battery to see if i could hear/ make it run and I did. not running on its own though via key turned on.

new optima batteries...no corrrosion etc. as I put on di-electric grease

Hmmmm.. Sounds like a fuse or relay.. check all the fuses ? Replace the related fuse for the fuel heating element, disconnect the fuel filter bowl heating element.. at the bowl.. if it starts.. you have a shorted element.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58