'92 7.3 Turbo IDI...Fuel Filter Light

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
My neighbor has the above listed truck....Fuel Filter Light came on today...He changed the fuel filter...its still on....I think he said that as he accelerates the light glows brighter...

I really know very little aboutthe details of the IDI...Any advice gentlemen???

Thanks,
Casey

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
the idi have a small thingy on the bottom of the fuel filter,look like a small bowl of sorts, its very common for it to basically corrode the inerds and short out, either unplug the sensor or get a new element assembly.
that is provided you take it off and there is NO WATER in it.

it is the easiest to change compared to the powerstrokes.

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
my 90 F-250 did that in the winter. all I did was take off the filter and fill it with Diesel fuel additive for the winter then ran the crap out of it and it ran fine

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
the idi have a small thingy on the bottom of the fuel filter,look like a small bowl of sorts, its very common for it to basically corrode the inerds and short out, either unplug the sensor or get a new element assembly.
that is provided you take it off and there is NO WATER in it.

it is the easiest to change compared to the powerstrokes.

the sensor youre talking about is the water in fuel sensor.the one he is talking about is the filter restriction sensor.

the restriction sensor is in the header the filter screws onto.if the light comes on it means the filter is plugged or you have a clogged fuel line from the tank to the filter or the sensor is bad.if the truck runs fine then just unplug that sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58