92 F350 glow plug question

bradkline

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey all, been a while since I've been on here, as I sold my 2005 SD a while back. I am buying a 1992 Ford F350 crew cab dually long bed 4x4 with the 7.3 IDI engine. Ford didn't make this truck as listed above, it is a Centurion conversion. Very cool truck in my opinion. The gentleman I am buying it from says that the truck fires right up 9/10 times, but sometimes he will turn the key and it will give him a glow plug light again, and he will have to plug in the block heater for a few minutes before the truck will fire. He said he thinks it is the glow plug relay, or a temp sensor. Anyone ever run into that before and know what I need to order? I don't want to get stranded somewhere or order the wrong thing if I can avoid it. Any help is greatly appreciated and it is good to be back on the forum!

Thanks in advance!

Brad

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brad,

Allow me to direct you to our sister site:

Oilburners.net

This site has a great deal of information on the older IDI's. Many knowledgeable people over there, as well as on here. Register and post up over there, and you should have an answer quickly.

BTW - Centurian "4-Door Bronco's" are a cool vehicle!!!!! I have what was inspired by those, my Excursion and I love it...... my favorite vehicle by far!!!!!

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yea oilburners will be a better site for the info you need. I would agree that its probably yer gp relay. Could be the plugs too. Luckily those IDI's are damn cheap to fix haha. I almost bought one before I found my powerstroker. My cousin has an 89 Centurion Bronco! Its really cool. Its even a 1ton. Has lift and cool graphics. But it was in a fire so needs restored. Hopefully I get the motor out of it hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track