Question 97 psd for sale

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
ccsb auto 179k bad blowby in engine but it comes with an engine out of a 96 that is known to be good. 4x4 xlt red and white. good shape minor dings and scratches. chip and gauges I think I could get it for 6,000 dollars let me know what you guys think of this deal. thanks

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HMM bad blow by seems to say that the PO did not maintain the vehicle well so I'd expect the transmission to be on it's way out shortly.

I'll say that my brother recently purchased an early '99 with 207k for $3500 repairs needed were hub & bearing assemblies, balljoints, & one front caliper. Factory rebuilt trans 30k prior.

Engine swap is going to be work but you should be able to part out some of the pieces from both engines to make 1-2k so consider that and it makes it a bit more reasonable deal though not great deal @ 4k. Part of this depends on what these trucks are going for in your area right now.

Since it's an F250 how is the front end? those can be quite expensive to replace all of the bushings to make it handle correctly.

Oh and what are your plans for the truck.... flip it, farm truck, street, drag, toy...etc.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
not sure prolly rob the a/c out and 40 20 40 seat for the ford cu mm ins I already have in stall the engine and sell it then sell the parts off the bad motor keep the gauges and wheels as they are nice aftermarket and the front end has new bushings all the way through it sits right no tire lean at all. it may be that I would take a loss on reasale but to get the a/c, wheels tires gauges and seat that would cost mea couple grand in parts too buy from a wreck yard too. wonder haow hard it would be to resale, these are popular trucks so maybe not to bad since the price would be low after I took what I wanted. Ps I just want the seat for the fummins so I can have buckets in the front and rear.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm sounds like the truck would be a good truck to buy and pull what you want/need from the truck. Sell the drivetrain & spare engine. then try to sell the truck as a rolling chassis for around 1k or start trying to part bed pieces.

I figure with a good running motor worth 1500-2k the core motor you should be able to sell for 5-800, transmission for 5-700, t-case 1-200, if the bed is good then around 5-800, good tailgate ??? so you get pretty close and depending on the hubs you should be able to sell them off on ebay, wheels & tires.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I think is would be a great replacement for the Duramax :sweet

LOL kev you may be right, but I will say this that dmax with stacked 100 hp and a 65 hp chip is wild to drive. but I have thought about it and he took the deal for 6k with a custom winch bumper and a good running powerstroke to install once I get it home and have some time. and about 1800 in other goodies so I can't really pass this up, what do you guys think. Hows it going mike? good to hear from you.

Last edited:

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Yes it is good to be back, I will be on here alot more now, I have really missed my old psd alot. thats has been my fav pickup I have owned out of them all. is it bad that I'm about to have three diesel pickups? I think not. you got rid of your obs right mike? what di you do to your trans with the injectors you had IIRC you had beans stage ones right? I just relized I will now have one of all three of the major diesels on the road! LOL I must be a diesel fanatic huh? as for the excuse yeah I have been missing you guys you are so much friendlier and helpful and not near as smug as the cu mm ins and dmax guys. I don't think 4k is a bad deal for this rig specially since it comes with a good motor, bumper and bout 1800 in goodies. what do you guys think? feels good to be back. Lee

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yes Lee, I had bdp Stg I 160cc singles in my 95, of course the DIY intake and open exhaust. I was running wildmans tunes to make the injectors earn their keep. The tranny had a transgo tugger II w/pump mod and I had a converter from Richter69. I dont know what the old girl dyno'd as I never had put her on the rollers, my WAG is about 350 RWHP. I miss my 95 sometimes, but I also know had I kept it I was looking straight on at about 2K in maint and repairs that needed to be done (little stuff.... shocks, front end work, fuel tank replacement, windshield and interior upgrades etc etc) so it was time to go.

So far I love the 06 but with fuel prices what they are it is no longer my DD.

4K sounds like a fair deal to me on what you are working with there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14