Question '99-'04 Headlight Conversion to '05-'07

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

femurphy77

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Buyer Beware! My experience does not involve this company or product but I purchased a similar, super high snoot killer headlight system for a car I used to have from an ebay vendor. Short story, cheap chinese junk that didn't fit, had less light output than the halogens they replaced and no discernible light pattern. Personally stick with a known vendor that others on the site have used successfully. It'll probably cost a little more but will be money well spent!

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else have any experience with this?

What does a set of OEM cost? Where to get them other than a dealership?

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SJB I bought these lights and am reasonably happy. They are not oem, made by an aftermarket company. You will lose the ability to fine adjust your headlights unless you are fairly crafty. They will put them pretty close to ballpark however, and the price is fairly good.

Without replacing the entire fiberglass header panel, i do no think you can keep your adjusting bolts with 05-07 oem headlights, but i am not 100% positive, maybe someone else can answer that.

So long answer short, they are very bright, easy to install, look good, several hundred cheaper than oem, drawbacks are that you will lose the ability to fine tune your headlights. My gallery has some pics of them installed.

Good luck.;tu

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SJB I bought these lights and am reasonably happy. They are not oem, made by an aftermarket company. You will lose the ability to fine adjust your headlights unless you are fairly crafty. They will put them pretty close to ballpark however, and the price is fairly good.

Without replacing the entire fiberglass header panel, i do no think you can keep your adjusting bolts with 05-07 oem headlights, but i am not 100% positive, maybe someone else can answer that.

So long answer short, they are very bright, easy to install, look good, several hundred cheaper than oem, drawbacks are that you will lose the ability to fine tune your headlights. My gallery has some pics of them installed.

Good luck.;tu

Thanks for the feedback. Which specific eBay company did you buy from? I don't like the fact of not being able to adjust the light if you want. I've never looked at my adjustment setup (so don't have a clue), but why are they not adjustable? How is the header panel involved with the adjustment?

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck.;tu

So would you have the same adjustment issue even if you bought the OEM lights? Is it mainly the fact of not having the correct header panel?

BDJack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lights that were for sale for 178 on your link...that is the company I bought from.

I guess I should elaborate. Put mine in, they didnt need any adjustment-they were spot on.
You CAN adjust them with screws set into the headlight, but you would have to pull it all the way out (4screws) adjust, install, doublecheck. PITA, compared to oem where you simply turn the head of the adjustment screw.
By the way, you will be cutting out where the adjustment screw for you 99-04 headlights regardless.

For the money, I thought I could live with it.:dunnobecause otherwise i would have to buy oem lights/oem header panel/grille/bumper etc.

SJB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those lights that were for sale for 178 on your link...that is the company I bought from.

I guess I should elaborate. Put mine in, they didnt need any adjustment-they were spot on.
You CAN adjust them with screws set into the headlight, but you would have to pull it all the way out (4screws) adjust, install, doublecheck. PITA, compared to oem where you simply turn the head of the adjustment screw.
By the way, you will be cutting out where the adjustment screw for you 99-04 headlights regardless.

For the money, I thought I could live with it.:dunnobecause otherwise i would have to buy oem lights/oem header panel/grille/bumper etc.

PM sent with some questions. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14