Question 99 F-350 lift questions

rustyrussell

RustyLand
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Forum, My name is Rusty. I just bought a 1999 F-350 that is bone stock. I really hate the factory rake. I am looking to lift it. I was looking for some info on this. I was thinking about going about 6" and I was looking for all new leafs. I am guessing after 11 years of hauling this big 7.3L motor around the stock leafs are probably a little tired. The rear of my truck is stock almost 3" higher than the front. How do the lifts measure for a F-350. Most lifts say they are for F-350, and F-250, but they are so different stock. Will a 6" lift give me a lever 6" from the front, or rear? I am guessing I would no longer utilize the factory lift blocks in the rear so I don't expect to see the rake any longer after the lift. Also I would like some recomendations for lift brands and how high to go. I would like to see a camper on the back at some point, so I don't really need it to be HUGE, but HUGE is the look I like. Is it much more work and $$ to go 4", 6" or 8"? Thanks in advance for your time.
Regards,
Rusty :dunno

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
I am all about the lifts as well, stock is lame, but the reality is that if you plan on putting a camper in the back, you're better off keeping it very reasonable. You can get big meats on these trucks with minimal lift, I have just the leveling kit on the front of mine. It allows for 35" tires. Not "huge" by any means, but definately not stock. Remember, the taller you go, the more sway and lean you'l have with the camper on it. Jmo

rustyrussell

RustyLand
Reaction score
what I went with

I ended up going with a leveling kit from Summit Racing. Looks much better, cost me less that $300, and I put it in myself. I am now running 35x12.5 on 20x10 wheels. Looks good, not huge, but really good I think. I will post a picture soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14