A Few Electrical issues

GunnyP

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2000 7.3 with a few problems. First the 4x4 switch does not work and there is no power down to the actuator ,no light on the dash and no motor sound. The speedometer and odometer are not functioning and I have replaced the VSS on the rear end with no change. The trans shifts funny sometimes but I reckon that is due to the speedo not working. My keyless entry clicks and turns on the interior light but the power locks do not work. Would all of these problems be related to the GEM module? I am new to the forum and have read a lot of helpful information on here so thank you in advance for any responses.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That or a fused link, near the right hand battery. The links tie into the positive battery connector. These can be a bitch to find.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello GunnyP and Welcome to SDD.com, glad you found us, what Dave said is what I was thinking. Good luck on finding it.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
There ya go, Bro..
there's your wiring diagrams..
if you need to follow one to another page I didn't post, tell me the number in the upper rt. corner, and the number you want to go to..
for instance, in the one above, you want to follow the brake lamp circuit out,
tell me "From diagram 34-4, I need to go to turn/stop/hazard lamps diagram 90-1"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58