A little information about 2007 Particulate Filters!!!

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060714/FREE/60710004&SearchID=73250663752456

I read this article in the Dallas Morning News yesterday and laughed all the way thru it.

I think this is a nice pipe dream.

As the ash in the diesel particulate filter builds up, the back pressure increases. When it reaches a certain level, the sensor tells the computer to squirt more fuel into the engine. That puts more fuel in the exhaust system and causes heat to build up in the oxidation catalyst, located in front of the filter.

Finally, the increasing heat causes the ash to burn up in the filter.

The first filters had to be taken off and cleaned at around 80,000 miles. But the filters coming in January for U.S. diesels are designed to last the life of the vehicle without any extraordinary maintenance

Just wait till the AFTERMARKET get ahold of the engine! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
actually it works,
the fuel is injected post combustion into teh exhaust stream and re0ignited much lik ean afterburner in a jet engine, temps climb crazily up and burn off the soot. should make for some interesting grass fires , or maybe a few flames out the back. we wil need "caution High temps" stickers near our exhaust outlet pipes, :D :D

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
or maybe a few flames out the back. we wil need "caution High temps" stickers near our exhaust outlet pipes, :D :D

As apposed to the "BEWARE JET BLAST" stickers I have been trying to get for mine??? :roflmao

Barrett

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
should make for some interesting grass fires , or maybe a few flames out the back. we wil need "caution High temps" stickers near our exhaust outlet pipes, :D :D
Back in the 70's when unleaded gas/catalytic converters were forced upon us, there were several law enforcement agencies which forbid their officers from leaving their patrol cars idling during roadside traffic stops because the exhaust was so hot that grass fires would start.

dzltech1

big Bench Press Daddy
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
actually it works,
the fuel is injected post combustion into teh exhaust stream and re0ignited much lik ean afterburner in a jet engine, temps climb crazily up and burn off the soot. should make for some interesting grass fires , or maybe a few flames out the back. we wil need "caution High temps" stickers near our exhaust outlet pipes, :D :D
actually there be a post power stroke injection that will "cold soak" the engine and when it reacts with the catalist filter it will create heat(extremely high) and burn off the soot.when the sensors detect a clog that can not be burned off the filters will have to be taken out and have the ash removed(which is considered hazardous material)and the soot burned off in a special oven,and get ready for this....it is not a warranty item,it is considered a maintenance item....$$$$$$$
But from what I have been told by Cummins training if you go through good hot duty cycles the engine will keep the filters cleaned in the truck,they are expected to last somewhere around 100.000-125,000 miles(so far):dunno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr