A place to visit

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
We recently returned from a great trip to South Texas.
did the San Antonio Alamo visit and the missions trail, which was fantastic. Although the NPS could do a better signage posting along the route to see the missions

we also stayed at a secret Army Corps of Engineer campground outside Temple Texas on lake Belton, called cedar ridge park. 50 amps and HUGE sites
we parked with the traielr and rv backed in and could still park a car in front. They also have spaces at the site to park a boat

saw a few wild turkeys at a rest area outside of Kingsville
the Iwo Jima memorial in Harlingen at MMA

oh and one tire blow out :D

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the blowout slapped that fender around a little bit.

Great pics BTW.

X2 PB :eek:

FWIW ? You could weld/bolt some 2" steel square stock to the lower frame web, mount a Med Flap to it.. Not only acts as a Mud flap.. [It'll] take the Beating.. Not the Fender.. if & when a tire fails ?? Helps with fender "Stars" Too :dunno

Worked for me.. a couple'a times, thru the years. TT's & 5r's too ??

Joe

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
X2 PB :eek:

FWIW ? You could weld/bolt some 2" steel square stock to the lower frame web, mount a Med Flap to it.. Not only acts as a Mud flap.. [It'll] take the Beating.. Not the Fender.. if & when a tire fails ?? Helps with fender "Stars" Too :dunno

Worked for me.. a couple'a times, thru the years. TT's & 5r's too ??

Joe

worst thing was I bent the fender after the fact by using straps to lift the wheel off the ground and drive the last miles home

my tire guy fixed me all up today with 4 new round things.

dpantazis

Reaction score
umm, Pb, you need to come north and visit your pappy and then keep coming north to visit me and royboy. the cooler weather will make those rubbers happier than that texas heat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58