Question About DPF and the cleaning cycle

Jeffminsc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as most of you know I'm new to the diesel. So I have driven my 08 for about 800 miles now and have not got any cleaning filter messages. Also have seen some stuff about job 1 , job 2 and job 3 trucks what does that mean? And does it matter? How do I find out what one I have? Thanks any info would be a big help. Thanks Jeff

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Job 3 is a monday and friday builds the day before and after the hang over.
Job 2 is tuesday and thursday builds are the days you wish you werent there.
job 1 is wednesday builds, boy it's hump day.

DPF from my under standing are done automatic and are based on the way you drive and idle time. I may be wrong.

Henry McAdams

DirtyF-350
Reaction score
Hi there from my understanding of the job 1 2008 trucks they do not notify you when they regen they just do it. I personally know when my 2008 job 1 does it by the fuel mileage it just dumps down to like 5 mpg and the exhaust stinks. Job 2 were the first trucks that notify you they are regening.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah look at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantazis View Post
shamelessly plagiarized. ymmv

Job 1 Build dates 01-07 thru 06-07

First builds of the 08's. Lower valence in front on front bumper much shorter than later job builds.
Radiators would leak, most should be replaced under warranty by now. Also there was a recal for a venturi T to be added to keep the radiators from splitting.
TCM, early on it was thought that the transmission control module was a hold up for transmission life, but has sense been fixed by more refined trans tuning
Transmissions,Job 1 was the only model to have an external filter as well as the internal in the pan. some hard part differences like overdrive planetarys but i dont know all the details so hopefully someone can step in a clarify the changes.
Injectors had a recall for hanging open and filling the crankcase full of fuel, VIN specific recall

Job 2 Build dates 07-07 thru 12-07

Second build batches of the 08 model year

Got a bigger valence on the front bumper, said to improve mileage by 1-2 mpg.
TCM part numbers changed. Other small changes were made hopefully more can chime in with more info

Job 3 pretty much anything built in 08 was a job 3

Job 3 added SYNC.
Last year of 3.73 gears as an option

2010s

3.55s were the highest gear ration selection

I have a job 1and when it was new it used to show the whole time the dpf blew off, reflashed and would only show at start and end, reflashed again and doesn't show anything that I've seen

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58