Question Ac woes

esiegel91

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK so it's hotter than **** here in az. Just bought my 04 6.0l. Tinted the windows 5% all around and it was still hotter than **** in the truck. So figured ac just needed to be serviced. So took it to work (G.A. Aircraft shop) and hooked it up to the robinair machine. Recovered, vacuumed w/ leak check (passed), charged system 2.6lbs freon and 9 Oz pag as recommended on sticker under hood. Truck still wasn't cooling like I thought it should. Looked at the compressor and noticed the compressor clutch slipping intermittently. I was like no can't be low. Hooked it back up to the machine. Only recovered 1.067. Pressures seemed good though. So I charged it back up again. The condensor is pretty beat up, the clutch on the compressor is still slipping. Could it be the air gap? It's at about 40 thousanths I know it should be at 20 thousanths. I was going to take some shims out but I can't get the damn thing to quit spinning on me. Any suggestions for that? Any suggestions in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
First question is what's the temperature of the air coming out of the vents? Mine is around 40 degrees maybe a bit less when running down the road for a bit. Plus, as hot as it's been down there sometimes the AC can only do so much.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air gap could make the difference.
But I would replace that condenser also.
You likely have too much oil in the system now also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

esiegel91

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
First question is what's the temperature of the air coming out of the vents? Mine is around 40 degrees maybe a bit less when running down the road for a bit. Plus, as hot as it's been down there sometimes the AC can only do so much.
Not sure. I'll get a reading tomorrow at work.

esiegel91

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The air gap could make the difference.
But I would replace that condenser also.
You likely have too much oil in the system now also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I found the evaporator to be leaking bad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track