advice needed for Saturday

parallax_ca

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
just found the site, big diesel fan
have been considering a crew cab short box, 4wd truck auto
lookig at sierra, silverado (gm trucks) and ford since i found the quad cab dodge to be too small (mroe like a glorified extended cab)
anyway, what shoudl i be looking for or looking out for
looking at trading my Envoy XUV (sliding rear roof, only 7800 km) so much as i would like to buy private, think i am looking at a trade
so....
on a diesel 4wd ford crew cab, what shoudl i look for >> not doing any serious hauling, but need more truck than the "station wagon " SUV/truck" since it does covnert, just too nice to load dirt in teh back!

thougths, advice, experience
not had the greatest luck with 7.3l auto (non-turbos both) so are the newer ones just as finicky or quieter, better economy or??
is the 6.0 etc. better by far than the 7.3
(when drove a 6.5l gm and then a duramaxx, night and day literally)

thanks in advance, gord in black fly ontario!
please cc email to [email protected] as on dialup so sometimes hard to get to this type of site thanks

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i have a 99 7.3 supercab 4x4 dually. I love it. it has 160kish on the motor, and about 50k on reman trans, had a new water pump put on at 140k ( all before i bought it). with my exhaust, intake and programmer i have plenty of power to spare. the biggest problem i really hear of from 7.3 owners is the Cam Position Sensor, which is a $90 part and 15 min fix. havent needed to do it on my truck.

if im not mistake i believe something like 96% or 98% of DI (94 and up) powerstrokes are still on the road and 99% of them have there original motors. just look around at work trucks, if where you live is anything like around here in NJ 99% of diesels work trucks are Fords. also everyone tends to say gm's have very poor suspensions.

ive heard that the first year of the 6.0 (04) had a few issues, but for the most part nothing too serious. everyone with a 6.0 one here seems to love it.
no mater what you pick good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14