Aftermarket exhaust

Theo Gil

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I'm putting a 5" turbo back system on my 04 f-250. I live in Colorado and have to do emissions every 2 years. How can I adapt my stock cat to the 5" system easily so that I can reinstall it come time to do emissions and that go back to the 5" system? Pictures would be great for the fabrication process. Thanks

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're leaving the cat in place you shouldn't need to swap anything come emission time. As long as the cat is in the factory location you should be good. At least that's how it is in Cali.

As for fabrication, you just need the right size reducers and a good welder.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

jimdevfishing

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I'm putting a 5" turbo back system on my 04 f-250. I live in Colorado and have to do emissions every 2 years. How can I adapt my stock cat to the 5" system easily so that I can reinstall it come time to do emissions and that go back to the 5" system? Pictures would be great for the fabrication process. Thanks

Well first thing you can do is replace those Democrats (liberals) LOL!!! they cause a lot of frustration LOL!

One thing you can do, if you know a great welder, I believe the 2008-09 has a bolting flange between the two parts check that out! But a bolting flange would probably work fine. Then you can add or remove it when you go for a inspection.

Just a thought....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64