Aftermarket IN-Dash Navigation

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I found a guy who would sell it to me for 600.00.

Yeah I always get calls on the road for service or repair and only get an address, so I have to call dispatch to get directions and there sometimes wrong. Besides I use my truck for all my road trips.

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
AVN 6600

Try an Eclipse AVN6600. It's a double DIN so it fits exactly into the dash. It's pretty rugged, so it can take a bounce or two. The accessories that you can get are great. You can use it as an IPOD player, Sirius or XM radio, CD Changers, MP3s, MP3 DVDs, etc. It also plays real DVDs and has an available TV Tuner. You can drop about $3k for the unit and all of the extras including the backup camera. The actual unit itself runs about $1800. I have one and the only issue that I have with it is that I had a Garmin handheld before and the Garmin maps are much better. However, the maps on this are as good as I have seen in a Lexus, Acura, or Cadilliac. It has turn-by-turn directions which you can turn off if it gets too 'naggin'. I also looked at the Alpine unit which is considerably higher in price. The 6600 is a dual DVD unit so the maps are on a DVD with the other drive available to play whatever you want. I was torn between a dual DVD and a unit with a hard disk, but have been happy with this one. The actual company name is Fitijsu. Type that into google.com and you'll be off and running. I believe Circuit City sells them and I know they're available from local stereo shops. I also opted to install a bluetooth cell phone adapter (BrandName: Parrot), which you can do. That's nice if you chat while on the road. The beauty of all of this is that I purchased the Ford adapter kits, so that none of the truck wiring was touched. If I want to put the Ford radio back in, it simply plugs right back in and plays fine, no fuss, no muss.

Have a look, I think you'll like what you find out. I don't have a good camera handy or I'd post a picture of my install. I may try to snap a photo with my cell phone if you want to see what my install looks like.

ShraderMan

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Do you own a laptop? If so i would highly recommend getting one fo the $130 GPS programs at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Thats what i use and LOVE it. Depending on the type of service calls you use you can use the computer to store service manual info, and use it for a TON of other things.

If you are at all interested let me know and i can post a few links, i just dont know if you are dead set on the in dash setup.

-Mike

INTERNATIONALPOWER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the laptop too but my work one which i use in my truck has too much stuff on it already. It has Programs For Cummins, Cat, And Detriot Motors on it taking up all it got. But thanks though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58