Ahead of the game...

Good Enough

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just joined today and am picking up my 04 6.0 on the 14th. It has 60,*** on the ticker and from what a friend tells me...sounds like a healthy sounding truck. Now here are my questions...

- Is there anything i can do to it when i get it to avoid these "issues" that the 6.0s seem to have?

-With 60,*** on it is it covered under any kind of factory warrenty? Im not familiar with Fords warrenties.

- Should i just take it to the dealer and say "i think something is wrong with it.." ya know...play dumb and see what they find. I hear of this OASIS(??) report...what is that?

That is it for now. Im sure mor questions will arise. thanks in advance for your help.:sweet

Mike

atk

Reaction score
congrats on the new/used truck
1- no extended idling
2-keep it serviced regularly(oil change and fuel filters)
3-drive it like you stole it on regular basis(will help with keeping egr system and turbo(variable vanes)cleaner)
4-get an OASIS report from the Ford dealership, it will tell you what work has been done to the truck at any Ford dealership
5-warranty should be 5 year or 100000, but there might be a 100 deductible now

hope this helps

bern rattler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Welcome Mike,
What ATK said, then as you get to know your truck you can upgrade it to run better and get better fuel mileage!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64