Air bag use

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here using an airbag system? If so, what brand and how do you like it and how much do you tow with it? Thanks for your time.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang it. I was in a hurry and shoulda put this in the suspension thread. If an admin wants to move it please do. Sorry!

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ride rights on my truck. Most of the time I have about 10 - 15 lbs of pressure in them. I use them every time I tow my 5th wheel. 60 - 70 lbs and the truck is level. Makes driver with the camper better too. Helps absorb the bumps in the road. Now if you drive unloaded with the bag inflated, it is a harsh ride.

Is a mod I would do again anytime.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the ride rights on my truck. Most of the time I have about 10 - 15 lbs of pressure in them. I use them every time I tow my 5th wheel. 60 - 70 lbs and the truck is level. Makes driver with the camper better too. Helps absorb the bumps in the road. Now if you drive unloaded with the bag inflated, it is a harsh ride.

Is a mod I would do again anytime.

X2.

15 lbs empty, 25 lbs with the 5r in tow.

Between the Ride Rites, the Bilstiens and a Air-Born 5r hitch (which has the same air bag as the ride Rites)... makes for a Real Nice ride. Easier on the 5r frame too.. ;tu

798er

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have Firestone on mine and like them one has a small leak that i can't seem to find but not bad.
I just put on a pair of Timbrens and like so far but have not hooked up trailer yet. They do not take any air just a rubber type spring. They take the place of the bump stop and real simple to install. Might check them out.

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Firestone bags. There is a small leak that I haven't found either. I run at 30 when towing the jeep, 50 with the camper in the bed, and 60 with the camper and the jeep. With everything loaded they will leak from 60 to about 45 over 3 or 4 days, but then hold at 45. Even with the leak I am still very happy with them.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Firestone on mine and like them one has a small leak that i can't seem to find but not bad.
I just put on a pair of Timbrens and like so far but have not hooked up trailer yet. They do not take any air just a rubber type spring. They take the place of the bump stop and real simple to install. Might check them out.

I have the Firestone bags. There is a small leak that I haven't found either. I run at 30 when towing the jeep, 50 with the camper in the bed, and 60 with the camper and the jeep. With everything loaded they will leak from 60 to about 45 over 3 or 4 days, but then hold at 45. Even with the leak I am still very happy with them.

Mine came, OEM, with those Push-On, air fittings.. I had slow leak issues too. Changed them out to the good 'ol brass Compression fittings.. No Leaks since..:dunno

Joe

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great feedback guys. Thank you. I guess I'll order some Firestones. That and a sway bar and I should be good. And I'll upgrade right away to the brass fittings to preclude any leak issues hopefully. Thanks again!

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Firestone bags last night. About a 3 hour job. I should have done this years ago. What a difference. I haven't even towed anything yet. Just all around driving they make the truck feel like I thought it should before I bought one. Body roll is reduced. The rear end feels tighter and more connected to the road. Thanks for all the comments. By the way, I used the 2071 kit. Four holes and it was in. I used the drill vs. no drill because I have a gooseneck hitch in the bed and it wouldn't have fit. The 2071 fit perfectly.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my Firestone bags last night. About a 3 hour job. I should have done this years ago. What a difference. I haven't even towed anything yet. Just all around driving they make the truck feel like I thought it should before I bought one. Body roll is reduced. The rear end feels tighter and more connected to the road. Thanks for all the comments. By the way, I used the 2071 kit. Four holes and it was in. I used the drill vs. no drill because I have a gooseneck hitch in the bed and it wouldn't have fit. The 2071 fit perfectly.

;tu Yer guna like'm. Give you versatility, for 'bout anything you wana haul or tow.

I do some occasional 5r, TT towing for others (?). Nice to be able to Level the tow.. no matter what the tongue/pin weight.

Towed a 36', 3 axle toy hauler (with Toys & gear on-board) to a frame/axle shop recently... my DRW took a "squat". shot 30 psi into the bags... leveled'r out.. Hit the Road.

Life is good.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58