Air bags

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
My dad just got a new 5th wheel and wants to put air bags on his truck, 03 F350 4x4 CC dually. Were is a good place to get them and what should come with a complete setup.
:thanks

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
There are two ways to go with airbags. One way is to install the kit with a compressor or you can just have shrader fittings so that you can use shop-air to air them up. I am not sure if any of the site sponsors sell airbags or not. You can get the kit at J.C.Whitney for $257.98. The air compressor and controls run another $209.98 if you want on-the-fly adjustability.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has a dually, so he cannot use the regular Firestone ride-rites that the single wheel guys use. What happens is, the inner dually tire will rub a hole in the airbags. A guy on TDS just posted this EXACT scenario the other day.

HOWEVER!!

Firestone sells the ride-rites in a "dually friendly" version. Model #2330.

I have them on my truck. Mounts INSIDE the frame, no drilling required, and is compatible with 5th wheel hitches.

Only downside is, some 4" exhaust get too close to the bags. May be possible to tweak the pipe, or build a better heatshield.

I have pics of my airbags on my site:

www.forgotton.net/diesel/air/index.htm Scroll down to like the last row of pics.

I got mine from www.boyercustomtrucks.com .

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
THIS the thread you are talking about Daryl? Thanks! That answers another question also, he is getting the B&W hitch installed today so I was hoping they would work with it. Looks like I may have to do a little modding to the exhaust, but that shouldnt be an issue. Now I know what my mom and I are going to get him for Fathers day :sweet
Thanks for the help guys!

EDIT: Found the 2330's for $228.55 at www.truckspring.com Havent decided on a compressor setup or not.

Last edited:

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
EDIT: Found the 2330's for $228.55 at www.truckspring.com Havent decided on a compressor setup or not.

Initially, I just used the schrader valves. Most guys use the lower license plate screw holes to put the valves. I let mine hang under the truck because I knew I was going to put in an air compressor system. There is also a small hole on each of of the bumper, kinda underneath the lip, and thats where my father put his.

It doesnt take a lot of air to fill those bags. So even a little 12v airpump small enough to fit behind the seat with a 20ft extension cord would fill those bags pretty fast.

And thats alot cheaper than going with the full air system, but then you dont get airhorns either hehehehehehe.

F350R

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the kit that I purchased back when I had an F-250 was made for a dually. I took it off the F-250 and put it on my dually and have about three inches of space between the bag and tires. I don't see any that the bags could rub on my tires. I certainly won't say thats the case for everyone but they work for me. I have on board air with a scuba tank for for my holding tank. I put a Viair dual needle gauge in the four pillar pod that reads tank and bag pressure with a regulator mounted below the dash. I don't have a need to have the bags aired up seperatly so I have them tied together.

Ford_Forgotton said:
He has a dually, so he cannot use the regular Firestone ride-rites that the single wheel guys use. What happens is, the inner dually tire will rub a hole in the airbags. A guy on TDS just posted this EXACT scenario the other day.

HOWEVER!!

Firestone sells the ride-rites in a "dually friendly" version. Model #2330.

I have them on my truck. Mounts INSIDE the frame, no drilling required, and is compatible with 5th wheel hitches.

Only downside is, some 4" exhaust get too close to the bags. May be possible to tweak the pipe, or build a better heatshield.

I have pics of my airbags on my site:

www.forgotton.net/diesel/air/index.htm Scroll down to like the last row of pics.

I got mine from www.boyercustomtrucks.com .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14