Air Intake for '08 F250?

Zixxer2Go

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation? I only know of XDI's intake and S&B (I think). Don't know if anybody else has one out there for the '08 yet.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
AFE also makes a nice intake. i am new to the site here and im not sure if this is allowed (please tell me if it is not) but i can get both the XDI or AFE intake for you. if you would like pricing on either let me know. how does the new 6.4L run anyway?

I installed the AFE Stage 2 system. The check engine light came on and it threw 2 codes. I called AFE and they sent me a new pipe of a different size. Apparently Ford changed the size of the pipe going to the turbo and the AFE one was too small. So it was sucking in air just past the maf sensor. I haven't reinstalled the system yet to see if it works. I have two friends who have them. Both got the new correct pipe. One works fine now and the other is still throwing the same codes.

So I'm nervous about putting it back on. For now I'm just running an AFE high flow dry filter which works fine.Saw a slight improvement in fuel mileage as well.I have a 5 inch Magnaflow exhaust as well. The biggest difference I see with that is asise from looking good is the Temps at the tailpipe are lower cause of the 6 inch tip. You can actually put your hand near the tip and not get burned.

My friend who has the Stage 2 that works says he is getting about 18-19 on the highway. He's very happy with his.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation? I only know of XDI's intake and S&B (I think). Don't know if anybody else has one out there for the '08 yet.

yeah i have a recommendation....DONT ! theres no
proof that the factory filter is a choke point on the 6.0
or the 6.4.

in fact everything ive read is that the factory filter CLEANS
better and has the capability to prevent compressor fin
damage better than any other filter.

The donaldson factory has also demonstrated that the
stock filter has the capability as it is to flow MORE air than
some of the modifications can consumed.

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
You say dont put an intake on that its not proven to be choked. Please explain to the dummy here....me, why when I took the lid of the air box the truck went from 6.2mpg up to 7.4mpg??? The trucks so choked and clogged its like a prom date. Im just curious how when I did this the fule mileage jumped up, and I can hear the turbos whistle and blow off, like they needed that or something.

JRJ04

Reaction score
does donaldson make the filter for the 6.4 or is it someone else? There was no doubt that on my 7.3 going up to a aftermarket air intake made a huge difference

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Well, Bush, I can't prove or disprove anything as far as a 6.4, but on a 6.0 the air filter is no bargain IMHO. And a wall of fiberglass [ the reason for the zoo-dad mod] certainly didn't help. I made very nice power gains at first with just an AFE intake and a turbo back exhaust. Then the zoo-dad. Throw in a programmer and a beefier intercooler and its no contest. Only a short matter of time before 6.4's go the same route as parts become available.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fleet filter has the factory replacement filter for 37 bucks...
i ran my 1st one to almost 50k (and never saw the indicator
move)...i did dump a TON of sand outta it (so i know it was
hold plenty of dirt) !

6.0L Air Filter Detail

sure beats the hell outta worrying and its tested to more hp
than ill ever come close to having thats for sure.

i did the zoodad mod too...and i certainly can feel no diff
(by the seat of the pants meter)

id love to see someone do a before and after w/ the airfilter
options on a stock truck and then even on a slightly modified
truck...the reports i saw from donaldson showed bench testing
airflow (and filtration) was good to 500ish hp.

pullurw8

Who Knows Really??
Reaction score
Dyno this buddy....here is my dyno sheet

lets see the before and after dyno sheets !

Me?????
dude I could give 2 craps less about dyno sheets or hp or tq. Im damn talking about fuel mileage. Whlie everyone else is worried about hp or tq, and playing whos is faster, Im worried about fuel mileage to keep my company running, now that fuel is up and this piece cant seem to get over 8 mpg.It tokk me 650 dollars in fuel to go from york pa to wilmington nc back to richmond, dyno sheet that. So if your asking me for dyno sheets ask ford why at 40k miles my truck stumbles and drops power under acceleration and blows so much white smoke you cant even see the rear of the truck, and has done this for 15k miles. Can anyone answer that? I just hoping the idiots from ford read this and can send me a reason why my pile is never repaired and no one....ive heard them on the tech line with the techs at ford .....always say "we dont know what to tell you to do or how to fix it" notice the quotations, cause thats what they said to the techs at the dealership. Sorry if i come off harsh but dude Im not playing with mine...most of you guys couldnt put 40k miles on your truck in 3months like i do. All i can say is good luck when your miles get up there this is the second truck doing this crap that i know off...the other is a 450

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58