Air intake systems...

Shuffle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There are so many intake systems on the market now that its hard to choose which one is either the best mang for the buck or if i should spend some more money for another that is worth the extra money. I don't really hear many people talk about K&N on the forum and I hear a lot about S&B. The perpose for the want of a new intake is to free up the effort the motor takes to breath and I also plan to add a tuner and full exhaust soon.

Thanks for any help guys,
Ryan Shuffle

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing people say about the K&N is DON'T use it on these engines. S&B Makes good stuff.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could have gone back and done it again, I'd do the AFE stage 2. Also what really helps is the zoo-dad mod. When I first seen these ppl doing it I was like "whatever ya'll want to waist ya'lls time on". But I got to looking at my intake and what they were doing really made since so I tried it. I'm getting better mpg now and smoother accel.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K&N is junk - S&B or AFE, Airaid isn't too bad either from what i hear

5ducks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
S & B direct filter replacemants

Has anyone tried the direct filter replacements from S and B? I'm a little afraid of the warranty issue with ford, but would like to get a little more air in the engine. I was thinking I would like to try this instead of replacing the entire intake (which I would rather do) and try the dry filter replacement. If anyone has done this, please post the results. Thanks Gary

ducky1402

Reaction score
afe stage 2 on mine seems good can here the turbo whistle a little more now. :sly

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't back it up cause I haven't done it to mine yet but you should chek out a lot of other post around here, most of what I have read is that if you don't chip it first just changing the intake for a little more air on the 2008 and up will constantly start throwing codes,the new trucks don't know what to do with the extra air.

NWDONZI

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a Banks intake on their 6.4? I noticed they are a little more pricey, but is it worth it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr