New Member Already Helped !

sheriffjohn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just signed up this morning. Info on chirping noise was right on. Belt and tensioner will be replaced Monday on my '08 superduty diesel. Info not only pinpointed the problem but gave me talking points when I take it to the dealership. Good to see a site with truck pros actively involved. Thanks !

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sheriff John, and Welcome to SDD.com, so glad to have you here with all of us. Come back often and post a picture or two of your truck.
Doug

sheriffjohn

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well......Advice from the forum was correct. $785 later, I now have a new serpentine belt and two tensioners "courtesy" of Tom Boland Ford in Hannibal, Mo. The forum was absolutely correct as far as diagnosis was concerned. Pricey but much better than losing a belt somewhere on the road. My 08 Super Duty hauled my camper over 10,500 miles from Missouri through Canada to Alaska and back. We camped for three months without a problem. Highest diesel was $7.80 a gallon in the Yukon. Anyway ... there went my tax refund.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow new comer, great to hear its a quick and easy fix for you! This board sure has lots of great info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14