Alum or 409 Stainless DP??

Diesel Kinevel

97 Stroker
Reaction score
Im gettin a DP for my truck soon ( some time today:D ) and was wondering which I should choose. I dont live in an area where a lot of road salt is used so Im pretty torn on which one will suit me better.:confused:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
well, I went alum to reduce the cost and because I live in an arid climate. If you aren't looking to make it a decoration why spend the extra $$? If you want the shine, alum won't do it for you. Kind of a toss up depending on what you want out of it.

Take pics!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I would get the stainless, but that is me. Here road salt is used like it was the snow falling. I think the Aluminized will still rust, but not like a pure stainless exhaust.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also go with a stainless downpipe. Around here with all the sand and salt on the roads I don't think an aluminized DP would last any length of time.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
409 SS is the same grade that came from the factory. T-304 SS is the shiny expensive stuff. I went with the 409 SS since I plan to keep the vehicle until the wheels fall off and then I plan to put them back on and drive it some more.

Last edited:

pdt1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
409 SS is the same grade that came from the factory. T-304 SS is the shiny expensive stuff. I went with the 409 SS since I plan to keep the vehicle until the wheels fall off and then I plan do put them back on and drive it some more.
Also realize connecting two different types of metals will increase the rate of corrosion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64