Update Amsoil Upgrades Premuim API CJ-4 Oils

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Amsoil Premium API CJ-4 Oils DEO 5W-40 & DME 15W-40 have been upgraded with a higher TBN level and and now recommends 3x the OEM recommended drain interval.

This is great news for those newer LMM, Dodge 2007+, and Ford 6.0/6.4 PSD owners. Not wanting to start an oil debate just want to keep you all up to date on the latest news from Amsoil.

Here is an article for you,

One Voice Q&A

Dane

Last edited:

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx...i have been using the 5w-40syn oil 4 a long time now !!!

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent news. I'm holding out until next winter to put my order in, but I'm looking forward to adding the bypass filter kit.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dane quick question. I am running RP and have been for about 2 years. What are the change intervals on Amsoil. My dad and I are planning on ordering 2 bypass kits next month. I am wanting to switch to Amsoil when I do the install. Is that going to be ok since I have been running RP or what. I have heard once you run Synthetic you can't switch back. I want to stay with Synthetic just want to know a little more about Amsoil. Thanks look forward to purchasing from you and installing the system.

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dane quick question. I am running RP and have been for about 2 years. What are the change intervals on Amsoil. My dad and I are planning on ordering 2 bypass kits next month. I am wanting to switch to Amsoil when I do the install. Is that going to be ok since I have been running RP or what. I have heard once you run Synthetic you can't switch back. I want to stay with Synthetic just want to know a little more about Amsoil. Thanks look forward to purchasing from you and installing the system.

Justin,

Switching to synthetic and back isn't an issue. Its a myth that you can't switch back and forth, you can. Most people don't go back but you certainly can if you want. Amsoil as well as all other synthetics are compatable with all other synthetics and conventional oils so no worries there.

Intervals vary with a few factors, I will try to generalize it as I am known for book form answers. The main factors in oil change intervals (OCI) with all oils are: Driving Conditions, Climate, Miles per year driven, modifications amoung a few. First without the bypass using Amsoil's EAO full synthetic oil filter and the oil Amsoil guarantees you extended OCI with restrictions and conditions of course. You may go longer than the OEM recommends on dino oil if you do oil analysis but that oil manufacturer doesn't warranty it beyond the OEM specs. Your on your own by going longer than the OEM recommended OCI.

Using the bypass unit with any oil including dino oil will extend the life of the oil & engine and of course extend the OCI. Again beyond OEM recommended OCI you are on your own and there is no warranty from OEM or the oil manufacturer.

By using the Amsoil Dual bypass with Amsoil fluid and filters your are guaranteed 25k mile OCI upfront. Amsoil will warranty the oil beyond that if and only if you use the Oil Analizers Inc. Lab (OAI) for Used Oil Analysis (UOA). With the OAI lab results as your proof stating that the oil is good Amsoil will continue to warranty the oil. I have customers that go 50k using UOA and changing filters in between oil changes. To extend the warranty with Amsoil using UOA you must go no longer than 25k miles on the filters. The filters are only warrantied for 25k maximum. Common practice is to change the full flow filter at half of the interval to 25k miles. Then change both filters and change oil or continue using the oil doing UOA. For instance my 50k mile guys do this..........

Oil and filters start fresh. Full flow changes at 12.5k, 25k, 37.5 and 50k. Bypass filter changes at 25k and 50k. UOA at 12.5, 25, 37,5 and 47k. They do the frequent UOA to keep tabs not only on the oil but the engine too.

Oil Analizers kits are available through their website, Amsoil's website or any Amsoil dealer (me). :sly

As usual I have written a novel but I like to offer information for others to use in their research. That is why most of us come to great sites like this one!

Hope that helped don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions or I didn't answer something. ;tu

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dane that helped alot. That is the one thing my dad and I were worried about was the warranty and the OCI. Now we will have this on hand so we can stay on top of it.

To give you an example of his driving and mine. I on an average put between 25 and 40 thousand miles a year.

My dad puts between 25 and 60 thousand miles a year. When I say this I figured it was the best for us with having to deal with oil changes.

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dane that helped alot. That is the one thing my dad and I were worried about was the warranty and the OCI. Now we will have this on hand so we can stay on top of it.

To give you an example of his driving and mine. I on an average put between 25 and 40 thousand miles a year.

My dad puts between 25 and 60 thousand miles a year. When I say this I figured it was the best for us with having to deal with oil changes.

You are both prime candidates for bypass systems with those kids of miles. No matter what bypass system you decide on using, at least by using Amsoil fluids will get the warranties that back all of their fluids. Of course I would like you to choose the Amsoil system but that is each truck owners personal choice! ;tu

Glad I could help!

Dane

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58