Another question about high EGT's

rickou812

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I posted recently about my F250. I have the bullydog power pup and the monitor. The pyro is pre-turbo mounted on the driver lower rear manifold. I am seeing excessive EGT almost 3-5 seconds after going WOT. The only mods I had at the time was muffler delete and EGR unpluged. It was suggested that I clean the EGR and gop with aftermarket exhaust and intake. But I have a new filter installed already.
In an attempt to remedy or at least lessen the problem I have removed and cleaned the EGR, Deleted the CAT, and did the ZOODAD mod.
I can not see one bit of difference, if anything it may be slightly worse!!!!!!!
I have seen a peak EGT of 1688 and that was less than a 10 second run at WOT.

Please help, Thanks

rickou812

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BBBxcursion said:
what HP setting?
Actually, on any, even stock setting. The only difference is that the lower the setting the longer it takes to reach the high temps. But still within 10 to 15 seconds even at stock. If it is on extreme, 2-3 seconds.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
you sure your not looking at your rpms? cause I did this at first and I was about to sh*t myself, then I was smacking myself in the head...

rickou812

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
you sure your not looking at your rpms? cause I did this at first and I was about to sh*t myself, then I was smacking myself in the head...
I wish that was the case....but I am positive it is pyro temps. I even have the peak pyro screen up to see what my peeks are. So far I hae seen peeks in 1690 range and that was lifting because I was afraid to see when they would actually peek!!!!!
Its like some other people here have said, there is no set number that will damage an engine, so far I have gotten by with >1600, but who knows if it will survive 1700. :dunno

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i went through 1600 once in my 02 7.3 running my diablo on the 85 HP load. WOW talk about a rocket climb. all before 3rd gear. I freaked and let off the throttle and 6.0 passed me
but we made such nice bug killing fog

rickou812

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i went through 1600 once in my 02 7.3 running my diablo on the 85 HP load. WOW talk about a rocket climb. all before 3rd gear. I freaked and let off the throttle and 6.0 passed me
but we made such nice bug killing fog
That is pretty much exactly what is happening to my 6.0. Did you find a cause and a cure?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yes i did
it was my right foot
if i throttled up and eased off as egts climbed i could still accellerate very briskly and moderated to keep the egts at 1300
remember tuners and chips make more power how? timing and fuel rates.

the diablo was great in all programs expcet the top two 85 and 100 or so
it would climb fast but user foot pressure always prevailed.

you can run all day, or so i have been told at 1300 and not hurt anything. so when I was getting on it i kept her at 1300 or just below

DEERSNIPER

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If you want to lower EGTs you can

a) Get a 4" turbo back exhaust

b) Get a larger intercooler

c) Get a water injection system.

-Dan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads