Help Needed Another Vacuum Solenoid Question.

femurphy77

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have started experiencing the common problem of my ac only blowing thru the defroster outlets. I think I've found the culprit but I want to make sure I'm not over simplifying my solution/problem. My vacuum pump is operating and does shut off when it sees 15" of vac. I've ascertained that the circuit is good up to and including the vacuum canister, when it leaves the canister and goes to the vac solenoid the lines are leak free as the pump shuts off if I plug the line going into the solenoid. When I plug the vac line into the solenoid and plug the line coming out of the solenoid the pump doesn't shut off. Is this normal or is there an internal leak in the solenoid? I also assume that when the solenoid is activated it directs vacuum to the hubs causing them to engage?

I'd like to resolve this issue because my GF is doing 1600 miles in it next week and She'll be in better spirits when she gets back if he AC is working correctly.:sly

Thanks!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time the vac. lines going to the wheel hub are leaking. But that's a EZ fix just cap them. If you can get a hand vac. pump and start testing the lines. There a vac. tree next to the vac. pump and test all three lines. one goes to the A/C the other two go to the wheel hubs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58