Question Antifreeze, and stutter question

Wiester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2 part question for you all. 2005 f350 drw 6L, stars very rough, misses and shakes like crazy when cold. Driving it when not hot yet, the turbo really flutters like its not gettin a steady exhaust stream. As well as the engine misses bad until hot. Injectors right???

Second part here. Trucks sittin in the shop getting the Dana super 60 and s110 axles installed, and notice there's a puddle (small) of antifreeze under the engine. It's dripping from the right rear corner of the engine (up high, runs down the block) Is My head gasket leaking? Or is there a frost plug or somethin up there??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
First thing I would check is the EGR valve. Take it out and clean it. This should cure cold problems. You can test for leaking head gaskets by getting a combustion gas detector and sniffing the coolant. If it sees the combustion gasses, you got a leaking head gasket -OR- EGR cooler.

Dave

Wiester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I checked the egr setup. It has an egr delete. I think maybe, just maybe, it's leakin from that little 2" piece of hose on the end of the coolant pipe. Cross my fingers...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58