Any Big Radios to shoot skip?

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Used to run a A99 with about 2000 watts or so, with different bases.

Aww, that was fun times! :D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Given the right conditions I can skip with the old workhorse 148GTL barefoot.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, I can skip good if I want to...LOL. I cant do it long my stick have a problem blowing up just a little to much power on them.... I have a nice one coming in soon, I hope. The side bands seem to work better sometimes.;tu
I have talked to some guy over on the other side of the big pond in Texes.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have 11 meter capability but there might be a band opening........

Solar data shows five nice groups of sunspots.......the
first significant spots since around October of last year.

Tbar

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ill be able too skip when i get my 2 pill fixed or buy another one.i deadkey 250 and swing to 600.:eek::D:sweet but right now im running 2 1/2 watts but might be able to skip on 26.915 if conditions are right.just keep an ear out for the grease monkey outta massachusetts

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Never wanted to shoot skip with a CB. I don't even own a CB rig anymore. But I have a radio in the truck that will allow me to talk to Europe and Asia when conditions are right.

It's an amateur radio. I have one at the house, too, along with several antennas strung in the trees. Once I get organized again after my hospital stay (it kicked my arse big time) I might be back on the air for this year's ARRL Field Day, where amateurs try to make contacts with as many other amateurs in as many different places as possible, using code, voice, RTTY, and other digital modes. Great fun.

The Morse Code requirement has been dropped. With a bit of study you could get the General class license and have high frequency privileges. Study a bit more electronics, get the Extra class, and you can talk on any band open to the amateur service.

If you insist on "shooting skip", please stay off the 10 meter amateur bands. Those of us with licenses will appreciate it, and you will save yourself a fine when you are caught.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy across the road from me does amateur radio. He has a cool set up but the $$$ keeps me from doing it. I had some problem with my radio bleeding over his system every time when I keyed up. But with some adjustment that was fixed. But I still can over power the radios in the police cars, cell phones, TV's, I have even over powered land line phones if there not grounded well and I’m sitting close to them. The best part is playing with fluorescent lighting. My grandkids get a kick out of that. It lights up with no wires. :lmao:lmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64