Any interest in a Southern Get Together?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I was wondering if there would be some interest in having some of our Southeastern members getting together for a meet-n-greet type event?

A couple of members have expressed some interest to me, so I said I would put up a post about it.

I have never done anything like this, so any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The summer time is what we were thinkin about.

I know in September of 2006, myself, powerboatr and jharvey met in Anniston, AL at Sonny's BBQ. It was open to any and all that could make it, but it turned out to be just us 3.

We could do something like that again, or we could maybe have a drag strip day or dyno day somewhere.

I live about 30 mins. from the Alabama International Drag Strip in Steele, AL, so there is a possibility of doing something there.

We could also have a show-n-shine, vendors could set-up, etc.

Shoot some ideas out there everybody. I myself would like to have it as an alcohol free type event. A good time can be had by all without the need for that around ( I think so anyways ) It makes it more family friendly.

97powerstroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as long as i can get an ice cold pepsi or coke,im happy.:) but i like the idea of a show type get together.were we all just clean up our trucks and park em for everybody to check out,i think having the vendors would be a great idea also.:clap:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Show n Shine and we'll use Bama's truck as a reflective light beacon :lmao

BLING BLING. Sounds like fun.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Bama, I'm interested but this summer will be tough for us to get away. Anniston is about 7 hours for us. A weekend camping trip would be cool although I'm sure everyone isn't into camping. (We are easy to find in the campgrounds: Look for the site with the one ton and a tent :dunno )

The most difficult thing in planning something is getting a site that everyone can agree on.

Scott

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That should be right on our route to Daytona Beach. Sometime in May?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be in my home state (but that would be nice for me :sly )

I was thinking along the lines of southern TN, north AL, or even in northwest GA.

We can narrow that down in the months to come.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
I'm gonna call huntsville dragway and steele dragway to check with them on track rental, I'll post my results in this thread. Thanks Bama

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Anniston sounds great to me, Stephen. My kin on my father's side hail from Calhoun County going back over 100 years. Maybe I'll look up some of the Ray and Ledbetter clan while I am there.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I myself would like to have it as an alcohol free type event. A good time can be had by all without the need for that around ( I think so anyways ) It makes it more family friendly.

OK... now we know the guys to blame after the Great Lakers get done fishing and our truck fuel tanks are empty...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64