Anyone know where I can get one of these...?

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'Bout a year and a half ago I had the body shop at the local tech school remove the bed from my truck for rust repairs. Long story short, they didn't do what I asked them to do and when I called them on it, they pretty much refused to finish the job to my specs.

Rather than put a rusty bed back on, I sold it and built a wooden flat bed as a temporary fix until I could find something like what I wanted.

This fits the bill of what I'm looking for:

REBCO Replacement Truck Beds | Aftermarket Truck Boxes

However I'm faced with 2 problems:

1) I live in the northeast. Rebco is located in British Columbia, way to far away for me to travel and shipping is probably going to be, I'm guessing, prohibitively expensive. I'm sure it will end up costing as much if not more to ship than the initial cost of the bed.

2) The company is, according to their own web site, up for sale. I'm a bit reluctant to deal with a company that, for all intents and purposes, will probably be going out of business some time in the near future.

That leads me back to the title of this thread. Does anyone know of a company in or near the northeast that makes a similar product?

Thanks.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can understand why it would could be tough to deal with a company that's for sale. However, it could mean better things for the company. Did you do a Google search to see if they might have dealers or another site in the US? That truck bed is really nice. I like the "stepside" type look. Also, is there a possibility that you could find a shop that could build a bed similar to this?

Last edited:

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can understand why it would could be tough to deal with a company that's for sale. However, it could mean better things for the company. Did you do a Google search to see if they might have dealers or another site in the US? That truck bed is really nice. I like the "stepside" type look. Also, is there a possibility that you could find a shop that could build a bed similar to this?

Yeah, I've tried google. Maybe my search-foo is weak but I've found nothing similar.

Like I said, in addition to my aversion to doing business with a company that's being sold, I'd prefer to buy closer to home.

I like the step side look too, but I also like the fact that you can mount the spare on the outside, mount tool boxes and get a dump option.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Wow I really like their beds! They look "old". Def like mounting the tire on the side and countless other things. So many possiblilities. Wonder how much one of them bad boys costs?

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looked at Knapheid, Reading, Stahl, and a few others. Nothing really blew my skirt up. I did like the Rebco style alot. The box JL linked to is a real close second though, Gonna have to call them today and get prices and such. I'll post back with what I find out

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called that Action Auto place just now. The boxes are (were) made by Rebco and the guy I talked to said they were out of business.

Wish I could get a look at one up close. Bet I could make a pretty reasonable copy of it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl