Anyone running the k&n cold air intake??

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about plunking down some hard earned dollars on the K&N cold air intake system for my 08 6.4l, is anyone else runnign this? Any problems? Any improvement in fuel mileage? Any problem from the Powerstroke service dept.? Lastly any recommendations on any other intake systems?

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I think the better part of the members here will say the same thing that I'm going to say: Stay away from K+N.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I wouldn't change out that intake until the trucks warrantee expires. Try running some Diesel-kleen in the fuel, maybe 8 ounces to a tank. Don't let it idle, use your cruise, and try to keep your boost at 10 lbs. or less. Keep the tires hard as chinese arithmetic. These things all work on a 6.4.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
ABSOLUTELY stay away from K&N. Get AFE or anybody else, but NOT K&N. You will be buying turbochargers if you use K&N>

Dave

nailbender8usmc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback on the K&N intakes. I have started looking on the Diesel Manor site at the S&B intakes. Looks like the filtration they have down, I should see a slight improvement in fuel economy as well. Any thoughts on this system? Is anyone currently using this brand of intake? Thanks again for all the help.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Why? You don't think the Ford system is good? That is a good system but it is not sexy as some of the others. It filters better than any one elses filter. Donaldson makes the air filters and they are just about the best.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will end up with a trade off. Lower the resistance to the air flow and you will bypass more dirt/dust and get a little bit more miles per gallon. Take this further and you will need a new turbo soon rather than later. I would look at the exhaust and chip it before getting rid of the air filter. Life is a big game of trade offs. Pick and choose yours. It is YOUR truck.

Dave

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im running the s&b intake its best bang for the buck slightly louder noise incab but not much to annoy you as far as mpg i notice 1mpg more but thats if your really keepin track figured this after a few tanks , but like daveben said get a chip/programmer and exhaust thats what im runin but the numbers i came up with is 2.5 mpg increase its hard to stay off the peddle when you got both programmer exhaust plus intake its all up to you !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg