Question Anyone used Hydraulic hose for HPOP lines and FPR Fuel Return

777funk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got some NAPA lines made up to replace my originals and they came to around $60 for the HPOP lines from the pump to the heads and the other 2 lines from the head fuel rails back to the fuel bowl. So I guess that's like $15 per hose set.

The pressure rating is 5000 psi and temp rating is 212F.

Has anyone had these fail?

thanks!
Nick

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know the answer also. As long as the ID is the same ( ie flow volume/capacity) .

Being a newbie still I eat new info like this up. One concern to me would be the temp rating. 212? Hmmmmm.....

Waiting on the smart guys to answer now. :)

dpantazis

Reaction score
i would NOT trust shop built hoses for ANY of the HPOP lines. same goes for the HPX hose!

if it bursts you are shooting hop oil all over the engine compartment.

there have been DOCUMENTED total fire losses to these trucks from half-ashed HPOP hoses on modded hpops. you're mileage may vary

fuel rail, probably less demanding.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would NOT trust shop built hoses for ANY of the HPOP lines. same goes for the HPX hose!

if it bursts you are shooting hop oil all over the engine compartment.

there have been DOCUMENTED total fire losses to these trucks from half-ashed HPOP hoses on modded hpops. you're mileage may vary

fuel rail, probably less demanding.

X2.

I wouldn't use anything Other Than.. HP lines, fittings and seals, designed, tested and certified for the specific application.

Yer asking for trouble, IMO.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be ok for the short term the temp rating does not give me enough buffer in my mind however I would have to say that you would want to double check and see what the OE stuff was rated at and make the call yourself. all the HPO system is, is actually a hydraulic system.

A competent hose shop should be able to make you hoses that will give you all of the flow and durability of the OE materials however special/made to order hoses tend to be more expensive than off the shelf pieces. The reliability also depends heavily upon the operator of the press and how well he cuts the hose and how well it is seated into the connector. Oh and did he use a 1/2" hose connector for a 3/8" hose?

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
wouldnt use the HPOP hoses.IIRC a swamp truck burnt because of a hydraulic hose coming apart.i have the fuel lines on my 95 made from hydraulic hose and had no problems so far

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14