ARP Head Studs

snyder5630

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the best place to buy ARP Head Studs is for my 06 powerstroke?

devgru2011

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Now i did not blow my head gaskets but should i have the shop send out the heads to get machine tested or just replace the studs without removing the heads?

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've always read that the body has to be removed to gain access to the head bolts. So that tells me you can't replace the bolts with the studs due to the interference of the heater/ac cavity.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Dave, I have seen several threads where an owner pulled the heads off without removing the cab, or pulling the engine out. I have seen the pics to back it up.

Now granted, you have to remove everything mounted to the firewall to do it, but it has been done.

Seems a lot easier to pull the engine. That is what the diesel mechanic did to mine.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
But can you get the heads back on after the studs are installed? That would mean there is 4 or 5 inches of extra clearance. Just curious.

Dave :)

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, I think what you have to do is place the studs or bolts for that mannor in the heads and hold them up, with like a spring clip, slide them into place, and then tighten them down with the head in place..... I know the studs need to be "broken in" with a series of tighen/loosen steps... which would SUCK in the truck.....

I know a couple of peple have done this on the older engines, which have firewall clearance issues also, not near as bad as we do..... but I think it can be done.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58