At Low RPM, Suddenly Shuts Off.....

Bob21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This may not be directly related, but.......

2001 F250 7.3. 197,000 miles.

For at least a year now, if I travel just above idle, (farm paths), for few hundred yards or so, take foot off of accelerator, the engine dies. Today, when I started it for it to warm up, after about three minutes, the engine died. Restarted fine, it did this twice. Any idea?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do these trucks have IAC motors? If so I'd try cleaning it and see if things get any better.

Bob21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Do these trucks have IAC motors? If so I'd try cleaning it and see if things get any better.

01yellercobra, you nailed it! THANKS!

I pulled the wiring from the sensor, no oil, but replaced the sensor anyway. Fixed! Thanks again for the lead.

upload_2019-12-27_20-32-27.jpeg

bcvickers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's not an IAC (idle air control) motor and diesel engines don't have them because they don't control the amount of air the engine takes in like a gas engine does. What you replaced there appears to be the IPR sensor.

Bob21

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's not an IAC (idle air control) motor and diesel engines don't have them because they don't control the amount of air the engine takes in like a gas engine does. What you replaced there appears to be the IPR sensor.

True, they do not have a IAC Motor, but his statement put me on the correct path to solving my concern.

(Well. Tried several ways to post a pick; didn’t work).
Part made by BWD. # ICP202K.

Last edited:

bcvickers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, that makes sense. I just didn't want folks to get the wrong idea. And my bad, that's the ICP, not the IPR.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track