AUTO ac controls

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I have teh AETC auto air thingy and i have a few questions hopefully folks with the ex will be able to guide me.
if I leave it in AUTO its suppose to select which holes teh air comes out, right.
How does it know to switch to the defrost vents?
thsi morning it was a cool 68 F outside and HUMID :eek:
i had previosuly selected 65 F for a cabin temp. last night.
this morning i bumped it up to 74 and waited. it never blew air on the windshield, so i selected Defrost icon and air came out and dried the window.
and my AUTO lihgt went off.
do I make sense? :confused:

and yesterday i had it in AUTO and i selected a 60F cabin temp. it blew like heck and i got chilled so i pressed the face/feet button, it stayed in AUTO and my toes got comfortable. and the auto light stayed on.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Silly boy...
don't you know Ford knows better than you what you need ? :)

In three ex's I've had I find new ways that they surprise me :)

When you punch the other types of buttons it is manual, and I think the auto only comes out of the dash points IIRC...

My current Ex now has to be reset to recirculate EVERY time I get in the truck (I'm one of those weirdos that don't like the exhaust smell of the cars in front of me :))

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Thanks
My recirc will come on auto matically if i crank the temps down to 60f, then as it cools it will go to outside air, which is not best for MPG it makes the compressor cycle on/off/ on/ off to much. so I found, like you to manually press recirc when i get in, and adjust the temps accordingly.
I like it cold enough to hang chickens so lately i have been going MANUAL
recirc, 60F and wide open fan, til frost clings to the rear window. then i select feet and face and fan down to mid level speed.
i wish i could get it to blow cold air in the seat bottom . like the volvos
my tail gets warm :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg