auto enginuity

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.if it is could a mod move it for me?

anyways i just bought a laptop the other day and ive heard nothing but good about the AE software.but i heard about it after i bought my snap-on scanner.now my question is would it be worth it to get rid of the snap-on scanner and get the AE software?can it do international trucks and other heavy trucks?do they have programs that i can buy to do the heavier trucks?

thanx guys

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.if it is could a mod move it for me?

anyways i just bought a laptop the other day and ive heard nothing but good about the AE software.but i heard about it after i bought my snap-on scanner.now my question is would it be worth it to get rid of the snap-on scanner and get the AE software?can it do international trucks and other heavy trucks?do they have programs that i can buy to do the heavier trucks?

thanx guys

youd have to check their list...but i most of their focus is on
passenger cars & light trucks.

AutoEnginuity.com

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well no mention of heavier trucks.

so would it be worth it to dump the snap-on scanner and get this software now that i can use it?my scanner do all domestic cars,trucks,german and asian vehicles.i cant do the european cars unless i get the connectors and software for it.costs $1,000.00 a year to update and i cant miss them.does AE come with the software for all these vehicles?only thing i care to do is the asian and domestic vehicles

Last edited:

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok nevermind.it would be a waste of time and money for me.my scanner does ABS,SRS,tranny,body and a few other things that you gotta buy and add on to AE.oh well was hopeing to be able to sell the scanner,get AE and still have a few bux left.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
oh well was hopeing to be able to sell the scanner,get AE and still have a few bux left.

You could certainly do that but I think with the research youve done on AE's website you know that you'd lose alot of the flexibility you have now with your Snap On.

The AE is a great tool for those of us who just want to work on our own little fleet or a neighbors car etc etc....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
well like i said,it aint worth it to me.ill keep the scanner and maybe one day ill get the AE anyways so that i dont need to keep the scanner with me all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58