Aux switches

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Last week I purchased a 2008 Ford F350 dually.

Today while parked, I accidently turned on the 3d Aux switch and the engine reved up to over a 1000 rpm. I have no idea what is connected to this switch. None of the other 3 switches do anything.

Any ideas or how I could find out?

Thanks!

Tom

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the PO installed the SEIC (Stationary Engine Idle Control) option, for whatever reasons. You may find it to be a purdy handy.. for things like: Jump Starting another vehicle, increased A/C while caught in traffic.. and the like.

Check your Owners Manual for the Aux switch (Upfitter Switches) wiring location to see if there's any wiring additions, and what they control. Any Added lighting on this new to you 350, or anything like that ?

Joe

You can go to www.fleet.ford.com and learn a lot more too ?

Last edited:

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big Joe for the quick response. I am going to have to get under the dash and see what else I can find. There is a small potentiometer installed under the steering wheel that I am trying to figure out too......mystery mods.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big Joe for the quick response. I am going to have to get under the dash and see what else I can find. [There is a small potentiometer installed under the steering wheel] that I am trying to figure out too......mystery mods.

In Park, Park brake set..Flip the aux 3 switch.. and turn the knob on that potentiometer.. bet yul find that it controls the idle RPM's.

Joe

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In Park, Park brake set..Flip the aux 3 switch.. and turn the knob on that potentiometer.. bet yul find that it controls the idle RPM's.

Joe

You Sir were EXACTLY right! It allows the RPMs to rev from 1200 to 2200 RPM using the potentiometer.

Couldnt find switches 1,2 & 4 connected to anything. It has only the stock lighting installed.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You Sir were EXACTLY right! It allows the RPMs to rev from 1200 to 2200 RPM using the potentiometer.

Couldnt find switches 1,2 & 4 connected to anything. It has only the stock lighting installed.

;tu ;)

Yul find the high(er) idle to be real handy (like WD sez), now that you know it's there for ya. Times like I mentioned before.. stuck in traffic, a Jump Start...... And as with any extened idleing times.. a few more R's is better/best on Dezel engines.

Those Aux switches Are... a nice feature on these trucks. Nice of FOMOCO to have switches available.. Built in.

Hang around here long enough.. yul be add'n stuff. :sly:)

Joe

Last edited:

tom engle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im going to be pulling a 38' Heartland Big Country 5r with mine. I had an older Chevy C3500 but it just wasnt up to the task. Having the fifth wheel hitch re-installed next week, but wont be moving the trailer until March. We full time and are in the San Antonio Texas area for the Winter.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
San Antone is a good place to hunker down. We've stayed at the Lakeland AF Base RV park.. acouple'a times. Lots to see around that area. ;tu

I'd bet yul find that F-350 DRW will Really make a Dif pulling yer 5r. Lotsa low end grunt. It'll make you grin.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some real nice camp grounds in and around San Antone, we love it there. We like to spend 2 or 3 days there coming home from The Valley.
Post up a few pictures of your truck and trailer.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr